Hi there! The Lord
works in so many good ways in our lives. I was watching some pictures from the
time that I spent in Chicago and a lot of teachings from God and good memories
came to my mind!
Down Town Chicago!!
I want to go back a few
years ago when I was able to stay in OakBrook, IL. The Lord used so many things
that I was not expecting He would use to teach me a lesson. Boy oh boy! If He
did? Not just once but multiple times, and I would like to share some of those
with you, hoping that God will use them as well to talk to your life, get closer to Him, and help you to CONQUER
THOSE GIANTS!
I got
to stay at colonial, that’s a beautiful building where I stayed.
One day
I was walking through a path through the woods that would take me to the place
I was volunteering back then. Yeah, yeah, I know you’re trying to picture the
path in your head right now, but I’m going to make it easy on yourself…
…here
is a picture of how it actually looks like
(I took all these pictures the morning this was taking place)
Now that
you have an idea of how it looks like let’s continue shall we?
(Just
for the record, you will see a lot of these conversations that I had with God
in my spirit like the one in the “Can a Guy be Modest?” post, so don’t freak
out, ok?
To give
you a little bit of a background I was going through some difficult things and
I wasn’t feeling the most grateful. While I was heading to where I worked the
Lord started to say to me, -Give thanks for every detail you see!-
Without
understanding I decided to just “obey” and give thanks for every little detail
and stuff that crossed my vision line. After a few seconds of doing it I began
to see all the marvelous things that we come across every day and we miss because
we don't take the time to thank Him for them, even the leaves in the ground!!
That path is about 100+
yards long. After I came out of the path I was overwhelmed for seeing a bunch
of great and marvelous things that I ALWAYS miss. In that moment I just felt a
huge urge to look down, when I did I saw the grass and it was wet, I was going
to start complaining because I was going mess up my new shoes. He said with a
still, gentle voice -just give thanks for the grass.- Seriously, after giving
thanks, God surprised me with something beautiful, just look at this!
After I
took my eyes off of the grass I felt so guilty for not thanking God for
EVRYTHING, even though He commanded me to do so! “In everything give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (I
Thessalonians 5:18).
I was
just so focused on me that I didn’t even realize that I had new shoes that He had
allowed me to buy. That day I made a commitment with God that I was going to
give thanks in everything, even if I didn’t understand the situation I was
going through. From that same day I realized that I had been so ungrateful to
Him for so many years.
We
often forget to recall His words:
“Look
at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and
yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than
they?” (Mathew 6:26).
"See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?" (Mathew 6:28-30).
Why are
we not listening to Him, has He ever lied to us so that we don't trust Him? Why
are worrying about what shall we eat or drink or wear? or if we are ever going
to get married?
Why are we running after these things? "For the pagans run after all these
things" (Mathew 6:32).
Why are we not
trusting in His perfect will to our lives?
Because we have
taken our eyes from God and set them on what we think is best. He created us! He
knows what we need, even what we want! Trust me HE KNOWS what is BEST for us,
HE REALLY DOES!
"God has made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us new
people so that we would spend our lives doing the good things he had
already planned for us to do" (Ephesians 2:10). (I used an actual language
translation so we could see clearly what He meant)
WOW! He
made plans for you even before the creation of the World. Can you imagine being
in the heart of God, preparing the Best plans for your life and to bring His
Kingdom to Earth using you! what did we do to get that privilege? I mean this
goes far beyond of our human understanding!
and He says to
us:
"Therefore do
not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself" (Mathew
6:34).
Don't
try to be successful on your own! Don't try to get the approval of
men! Don’t try to find in college your fulfillment in life! Don't force things so
you can get married! Don't do it please, or you will start to fear the future!
PLEASE! When we put that before God’s will in our lives it is when we are
taking our eyes from God and setting us on our selves (that brings fear to our
lives), THAT'S iniquity!
(I'm not
saying that to get married or wanting to get married is bad, I have seen so
many people wanting to get married so bad that they stop listening to God
because His plans do not fit their “idea” of marriage and move on to whatever
plans they have, to later find that marriage was not what they were expecting.)
The
Bible says Jesus came to die for our Iniquities, we are again saying -you know
God, I'm more important than you! I didn't even ask you to come and save me-
and you are going to say to me -wait I've never said that- Sometimes
we honor Him with our mouths but our hearts are far away from Him, and I'm
afraid that I've done that so so many times before!
So YES, you and I
have said that! that -we are more important than Him!- how? With my acts,
putting my desires first instead of His perfect will in my life! THAT'S INIQUITY!
And He,
with His great mercy and abundant love says to us:
"But seek
first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be
given to you as well." Mathew 6:33
In
other words: my dearly and beloved son/daughter, for whom I died, take your eyes away from your
desires and earthly lusts, and put them on the perfect plans I designed for you
before I made the universe! Seek me as the first thing in the morning, dress yourself
with the commands I gave you, rule your life with them, and I'll show
myself powerful to you!
and all
these things will be given to you as well!
(God says this in other words in Joshua chapter 1, I hope we can
get
chance in the future to
talk about this more closely)
It was
amazing how God can teach you something very deep just by thanking Him for the
smallest unseen details! (even
for skunks haha, but thats another story that I’ll tell you later)
My amazing Sister!
She is something that I will thank God for, everyday until I die =)
I'd like to challenge you to give thanks for everything from now on, and you will see God in a total different way and with a huge new, but beautiful perspective!
Lets keep on conquering giants!
With the perfect Love that only comes from Christ
-Nate Garcia
(ALL of the pictures in this post were taken by myself that very morning)
© all rights reserved 2016.











Wow this is very eye opening for me! Thank you for writing and sharing what God has done and is doing in your life!
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord, well i think God wants to help others with the personal teachings He's done in our lives. So later people can do the same with others. Thank you, and may the Lord use you in so many great ways =)
DeleteNate? Keep writing stuff like this. This is truly amazing. It makes me think about the small things that I would never have thought of. God is really working on you and it's amazing to see your teachable spirit.
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord, God is teaching everyone of us everysingle moment of the day, we just gotta stop and listen apply it to our lives and share them.
DeleteRemember your cellphone thing when stopped working, and you trusted in Him and suddenly started working again? Remember the belts that you wanted? and there are lot of stories like those that you told me that will encourage a LOT of people.
God bless you and keep Him always as the center of your life =)